Alvin Neo is Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at Parkway Pantai, part of Integrated Healthcare Holdings (Asia's largest private healthcare provider, 2nd largest in the world by market capitalization). He leads the strategic/operational marketing, sales, product innovation, new business/market development, front office, customer service and call center functions for the company's largest division.
A veteran business leader, Alvin has over 20 years of extensive marketing, strategy, innovation and start-up experience across the Asia Pacific and Europe. He has deep FMCG marketing and brand leadership roots, having worked with Proctor & Gamble, Gillette and J&J Consumer. In addition, he has done tours of duty in top-tier Strategy Consulting as a team leader with The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and in Technology as Global Business Development Director with UK start-up Netdecisions. Most recently he was in Healthcare with J&J Medical Devices & Diagnostics.
Singaporean by birth, he has also lived in London, Shanghai and Jakarta. Alvin has a BBA from the National University of Singapore and completed the GMP at the Cambridge Judge School. His interests outside of work include anything outdoors (marathons, trail running, trekking), design and volunteerism.
R3 Asia Pacific
ShuFen Goh is the co-founder and Principal of R3 - a global marketing consultancy working with 8 of the top 20 global marketers, with offices in Asia, North and South America, and Europe.
Years of experience
With over two decades of experience in the creative industry and with corporate brands, she is a pioneer in advancing the practice of marketing effectiveness through optimisation of agency partnerships and measurement, working with companies such as Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, Unilever, Visa and MasterCard.
ShuFen is President of the Institute of Advertising Singapore, chairperson of the regional APPIES awards, and sits on several boards including Singapore National Gallery, Design Masterplan Committee and the MasterCard Digital & E-Commerce Advisory.
-Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
-Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
Sameer is the Head of Consumer Healthcare for Mundipharma-Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. With over 20 years of experience and proven leadership in pharmaceutical, Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Consumer Healthcare, Sameer has a proven track record for growing brands into dominant market positions across different categories.
Prior to joining Mundipharma, Sameer spent 12 years in various regional and global roles in GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) (both Pharmaceutical and Consumer Healthcare), including that of Commercial Head of Dermatology for Asia, Global Innovation Director (also responsible for developing entry strategies for Emerging markets), and Marketing Head of Middle East. He has also worked with P&G (India) from 1995-98, Kellogg’s (India) from 1998-99 and Friesland Campina (Middle East) from 1999-2001.
In his current role, he has set up Mundipharma’s Consumer Healthcare division from scratch and grown it more than 1200% in the last 3 years establishing it across Asia, Middle East and Latin America.
He is passionate about Innovation in Emerging Markets, digital marketing and in driving Access at the bottom of the pyramid and has been invited as a speaker to various international conferences like
• World Innovation Congress in Cannes 2011
• Front End of Innovation in Boston 2013
• Front End of Innovation in Venice 2014
• UK Marketing Directors Conference 2010 in London
• Spikes Festival of Creativity 2014 in Singapore
• NextLevel Pharma's conference on Market Access in LATAM Markets 2014 in Rio, Brazil
• Digital Matters Asia 2014 in Singapore
• Access to Medicines Workshop Asia 2011 in Singapore
• Campaign Health Asia Pacific Conference 2012 in Singapore
• NextLevel Pharma's conference on Market Access in Asian Markets 2012 in Singapore
• 6th Annual OTC Asia summit 2016
Sameer was also a judge for :
• Positive Impact Effies 2016 Asia Pacific
• WARC Awards for Asian Strategy 2015
• Clio Health Awards 2016 (Clio Health are the world’s top awards for creativity in healthcare)
• In Feb 2015, Sameer was elected to the Global Executive Board of the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA), the largest industry body in the world for Advertisers comprising of the top 75 advertisers in the world
• In March 2016, Sameer was elected as the Regional VP Asia for the WFA
• Sameer holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India’s leading Business school.
• Sameer also wrote the opening editorial for the MM&M magazine just prior to the 1st Cannes Lions Health Awards http://www.mmm-online.com/suppliers/is-healthcare-the-right-place-for-creative-bravery/article/348406/
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sameerddesai
Twitter : @sameerdesai95